Russian man involved in secret filming of Ghanaian ladies will face the law – Sam George

0
4
The Russian man

Sam Nartey George, the Minister of Communications, Digital Technology and Innovations, has revealed that the government has started processes to get the Russian man fingered for filming his sexual escapades with several Ghanaian women back to Ghana to face the law.

According to Sam George, it is a crime to record a person without their consent, adding that he has already invited the Russian Ambassador to work with our law enforcement for the man brought back to Ghana.

Speaking to the media on Saturday, February 14, 2026, Sam George said, “It is a crime to record a person without their consent, and even when you record and keep it on your phone, if the person finds out and reports it to us, we will prosecute you, and you will go to jail. That’s the law of the land.

“Now you don’t just record it, but you go and post it on a website for financial gain. That gentleman would be looked for. We will activate every resource at our disposal, working with Interpol, the way we’ve worked with Interpol to extradite Ghanaians to other jurisdictions,” he said.

“I’ve invited the Russian Ambassador to work with our law enforcement. We want the gentleman to come to Ghana, to be brought back to Ghana, extradited to Ghana, for him to face the rigours of our law.

“Ghanaian citizens, irrespective of their decision-making, will be protected by their government. The Government of John Dramani Mahama will ensure that every citizen’s rights are protected. And you cannot record a citizen without their consent and air that or post that online; that constitutes a crime under the Cyber Security Authority Act (CSA), Act 1038,” he added.

Also, the Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has finally broken its silence regarding the Russian man identified as Yaytseslav’s intimate recordings of Ghanaian women.

According to the Gender Ministry, preliminary information indicates that the individual may not currently be within the country’s jurisdiction, adding that the non-consensual recording and distribution of intimate images is a criminal offence.

The Gender Ministry revealed it is working with police, security agencies and international partners on investigations, takedowns, and possible cross-border action, while offering psychosocial and legal support to victims.

The Ministry revealed they are working with the Ministry of Communication and its relevant agencies on measures to prevent and respond to image-based sexual abuse.

In a statement issued on Thursday, February 14, 2026 stated, “The Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection (MoGCSP) has taken note of reports involving a foreign national who allegedly engaged in sexual activities with some Ghanaian women and recorded and circulated those acts without consent.

Preliminary information indicates that the individual may not currently be within the country’s jurisdiction. This, however, does not reduce the seriousness of the alleged conduct or the State’s responsibility to pursue accountability. The non-consensual recording and distribution of intimate images is a criminal offence and a clear violation of dignity and privacy”.

“It is important to state that, before these reports, the Ministry of Gender, Children, and Social Protection had already been working with the Ministry of Communication and Digital Innovation, in its relevant agencies, on measures to prevent and respond to image-based sexual abuse. These ongoing efforts include digital safety interventions, engagement with online platforms, and mechanisms for reporting and takedown of abusive content. These measures are now being applied to this matter by the relevant authorities,

The Ministry continues to work with the Ghana Police Service, relevant security institutions, and international partners to explore all lawful options available, including cross-border cooperation and mutual legal assistance”.

The statement further added, “Support services, including psychosocial care and legal assistance, are being coordinated through confidential channels to ensure privacy and well-being. The Ministry also operates toll-free helplines on complaints and enquiries as well as on issues of abuse and violence, and can be accessed via 0800-800-800/0800-900-900 or 0800-1 1 1-222

We also wish to remind the public to exercise caution in their interactions, both online and offline.

The Ministry remains committed to protecting the rights, safety, and dignity of all persons and to ensuring that jurisdictional limits do not prevent appropriate action”.

Watch the video below: