Frank Davies, a member of the former Finance Minister Ken Ofori-Atta’s legal team, has told the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) they goofed in the handling of the case involving his client.
Speaking on an AM show, lawyer Frank Davies boldly stated that the Office of the Special Prosecutor got it wrong and must be apologetic and tell Ghanaians the truth.
According to Frank Davies, due process and the rule of law are not mere slogans warning the OSP against condemning suspects in the court of public opinion before cases are properly tested in court.
Ken Ofori-Atta’s lawyer stated, “So yes, they got it wrong this time. They goofed. I think they should be apologetic and tell Ghanaians the truth. My candid advice to them is that the rule of law and due process are not a term of art. It evolves from established practices and processes”.
Frank Davis added, “It is not always right to punish people’s reputation when there is no basis for it”.
“This is why due process matters. You cannot destroy someone’s reputation before the facts are properly established,” he said.
The lawyer’s remarks follow the INTERPOL permanently deleting Ken Ofori-Atta’s name from their Red Notice must pause for a moment.
However, the OSP has broken its silence following the International Criminal Police Organisation’s (INTERPOL) deletion of former Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta’s Red Notice.
According to the OSP, INTERPOL cited political neutrality and notice processing, adding that the polarised political statements from members of current and former administrations about the conduct of the investigation form part of its decision to expunge his name.
Also. OSP further detailed that recent developments with Ken Ofori-Atta, already in custody, made the notice unnecessary.
However, the OSP notes that criminal charges remain active, with summons currently being served in the United States to secure the former Finance Minister’s appearance in court.
The OSP in a press release dated February 13, 2026, stated, “The Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) has received the decision of the Commission for the Control of INTERPOL’s Files concerning the Red Notice issued at Ghana’s request for Mr Kenneth Nana Yaw Ofori-Atta.
The Commission directed the deletion of the notice under INTERPOL’s rules on political neutrality and notice processing, citing contextual factors at the time of issuance, including “polarized political statements from members of current and former administrations about the conduct of the investigation,” as well as public controversy surrounding prosecutorial and extradition processes, including public acknowledgment by senior officials at the Ministry of Justice of an inability, at the time, to pursue extradition due to the early procedural stage of the case.
It further observed that subsequent developments made the notice unnecessary, as Mr Ofori-Atta’s location was known, cooperation with U.S. authorities was ongoing and extradition processes had already been initiated following his arrest in the United States on 6 January 2026.
Summons issued by the Criminal Division of the High Court in Accra have been transmitted for service in the United States, requiring him to answer multiple criminal charges. Efforts to secure his appearance continue through established legal and diplomatic channels.
The OSP reiterates that it remains guided solely by law and evidence and is committed to due process and the fair, lawful, and impartial prosecution of corruption and corruption-related offences”.
Watch the video below:
INTERPOL deletes Ken Ofori-Atta's red notice: It is wrong to condemn accused persons in the court of public opinion and damage their reputation without due process or proven evidence – Frank Davies, Lawyer for Ken-Ofori-Atta.#AMShow pic.twitter.com/8Fjbx190X5
— JoyNews (@JoyNewsOnTV) February 16, 2026

