List of landed properties embattled Adu Boahene acquired from 2017 to 2020 – AG details in ¢48m NSB trial

0
37
Kwabena Adu Boahene and his wife, Angel Adjei Boateng

The Office of the Attorney General (AG) in the ongoing GH¢48 million National Signals Bureau (NSB) trial has shared details of properties allegedly acquired by the embattled former Director-General of the National Signals Bureau (NSB), Kwabena Adu Boahene.

The state prosecutors shared details of the landed properties the former NSB boss was alleged to have acquired between 2017 and 2020 while in office as part of a motion on notice to make further disclosures filed by the Attorney General, Dr Dominic Ayine Akuritinga.

STOP THAT SCAMMER Verify Numbers on TrustGH

The AG document showed that Adu-Boahene allegedly bought six landed properties between 2017 and 2020 with payments ranging from $150,000 to $1 million

See the list of properties below:

“1. No. 2 Stream Part Drive, Mayfair Estates, LA, Accra: A deposit of $1,000,000 (valued at GH¢15,000,000) was made for this estate. Relevant deposit slips and receipts have been traced.

2. No. 6 Edith Avenue, Mayfair Estates, LA, Accra: A deposit of $500,000 was recorded for this property.

3.No. 7 Edith Avenue, Mayfair Estates, LA, Accra: A deposit of $200,000 was recorded for this asset.

4. No. 8 Edith Avenue, Mayfair Estates, LA, Accra: An initial deposit of $97,815 was made, with authorities suspecting that additional cash payments were used to complete the purchase.

5. No. 9 Edith Avenue, Mayfair Estates, LA, Accra: A deposit of $270,000 was recorded.

6. No. 10 Edith Avenue, Mayfair Estates, LA, Accra: The deposit amount for this property stands at $150,000.

The disclosure also showed the salaries the former NSB boss received while in office, which ranged between GH¢5,000 and GH¢7,000”.

In related news, Justice Srem-Sai, the Deputy Attorney General and Deputy Minister of Justice, has shared some light on the ongoing case against former Director-General of the National Signals Bureau, Kwabena Adu-Boahene.

According to the Deputy Attorney General, despite the antics and theatrics of the defence lawyers of former National Signals Bureau Director Kwabena Adu-Boahene, the prosecution will get a conviction in the case.

 Speaking in an interview with TV3, shared on X on Monday, April 20, 2026, Justice Srem-Sai detailed, “It’s a simple case as far as we are concerned. There are public coffers. You remove money from the public coffers into a private account, and we have produced evidence of that transfer, which is by checks, three checks. After that, from that private account, you have spent the money purchasing property and other things, for your personal benefit and for the benefit of your companies and your friends; you have evidence to that effect, which you have put before the court.

“And we said public money is not supposed to be spent that way, and anyone who spends public money that way is either charged with stealing or causing financial loss or money laundering or any of those offences, that is what the case is about,”

“They began by trying to show that there was a discrepancy between the dollar and the cedi values at the time, which for us is neither here nor there. It’s a different thing if we accuse you of stealing dollars, then we converted them into cedis and charged you, then you can see that the conversion rates will reduce the amount. But in this case, it is a cedi account. So you move cedis from the public office to a cedi private bank account. So the long cross-examination about the cedi-dollar rate is neither here nor there,” he said.

He added, “And when that collapsed, he now moved to an area where they were trying to say that the accused person usually gives loans to the public organisation, and suggested that the GH¢49 million, which is the subject matter of the day, is the so-called repayment of the loan that he has previously given to the institution—so basically saying that the institution was paying the loan back. That didn’t go anywhere recently.”

Justice Srem-Sai further explained, “Recently, there was a suggestion, through cross-examination, that the account, which we are calling a private account, was a secret National Security account in which the money was being sent. We don’t know what that means, because if it is a national security account, we’ll know, so that too didn’t go anywhere.

“Then I think the recent angle of cross-examination seems to suggest that the equipment, which was supposed to be bought with the money, has been purchased and is there. But we have tendered in evidence, we have filed as part of our disclosure, the inventory, which shows that it wasn’t there. The last time I checked, they have filed to go and inspect the inventory,” he added.

Background

Kwabena Adu Boahene, his wife Angela Adjei-Boateng, and one other person have been charged by the state for stealing, defrauding by false pretences, money laundering, and conspiracy to commit a crime.

According to the charge sheet, Kwabena Adu Boahene and his wife stole state funds to the tune of GHc 49 million.

The Attorney General, Dr Dominic Ayine, filed 11 charges against Kwabena Adu-Boahene and three others at the High Court in Accra.

Verify Numbers on TrustGH