Archbishop Nicholas Duncan-Williams, the founder and General Overseer of Action Chapel International, has narrated how Ghana lost huge sums of gold through the black market.
Archbishop Duncan-Williams, during his church sermon, revealed that a Middle Eastern buyer recorded receiving three times more Ghanaian gold via black market channels than Ghana’s government officially logged as sold.
Speaking at a church service on Sunday, August 16, Archbishop Duncan-Williams narrated, saying, “Many years ago, Rosa and I went somewhere in a very powerful country, and we were privileged to have dinner with some of the ruling families, right at the top of that country in the Middle East.
And whilst we were eating with some of the people in authority, they mentioned Ghana gold, the gold in Ghana, and did say that the amount of illegal gold that they have received and recorded from Ghana was more than the one that was recorded by the country, the nation itself.
And the amount of illegal gold they recorded that they received or bought from Ghana was three times more than what the government recorded and sold to that country.
It disturbed me. It really broke my heart. And he did mention that the people doing this are very, very powerful people and have some very serious money. I just thought about it, and I left it”.
Duncan-Williams further revealed how a powerful Middle East royal family called me over a gold smuggling disruption being caused in Ghana following the establishment of the Goldbod.
According to Duncan-Williams, the GoldBod is facing a very powerful movement who are against efforts to ensure the right thing is done in Ghana’s gold sector, calling on Ghanaians to pray for them.
The man of God disclosed that some individuals involved in the gold trade have become concerned about the tightening of controls on illegal gold purchases in Ghana.
Duncan-Williams detailed that he received calls from individuals in countries where Ghanaian gold was previously purchased through the black market.
He disclosed that they were allegedly seeking connections to senior officials who could help them access gold through GoldBod.
Duncan-Williams further narrated, “Then when the Gold Board came in this time around with this new administration and put the Gold Board in place and started dealing with the illegal mining and trying to regulate things, I had a few calls from one or two places, including that country, and they said if I knew anybody at the top because they are not getting the supply of the gold like they used to in the past.
I feel very strongly that we need to pray for the Gold Board. And I tell you why. With what I was told by this sheikh and the calls I had, they can’t get the gold like before illegally.
So they want some channels to the Gold Board so they can purchase the gold now from the Gold Board. It’s clear to me that the Gold Board is dealing with a very powerful movement people very, very established who know and understand the field and how to do this and don’t want the right thing to be done. And in the name of politics, we are destroying the future of our children and our grandchildren”.
He further added, “ So I’m going to dedicate a lot of time today for us to intercede for our nation because I’m concerned about some things. And I am not speaking as a prophet. As much as some may be prophetic, I am speaking as a student of prophecy and a student of history. I take time to study history a lot. And some things are bothering me”.
Watch the video below:
GoldBod operations: The amount of gold they were receiving was more than what Ghana recorded.
— JoyNews (@JoyNewsOnTV) August 16, 2026
– Archbishop Duncan-Williams narrates how Ghana lost huge sums of gold through the black market#JoyNews pic.twitter.com/qlRbTf8CkW

