“My faith in the system will shake if my petition against OSP is thrown out” – Martin Kpebu

0
3
Kissi Agyebeng and Martin Kpebu

Martin Kpebu, a private legal practitioner, has said his faith in the system will be shaken if his petition against the Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng is thrown out like the recent petition against the EC and OSP.

According to Lawyer Kpebu, his petition against the Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng is yet to be looked at by the Chief Justice.

Lawyer Kpebu is quoted by TV3 as saying, “If my petition for the OSP to be removed gets thrown out like these three, it will shake my faith in the system”.

His comments come on the heels of Felix Kwakye Ofosu, the Government Communications Minister, who has announced that the Chief Justice, Paul Baffoe-Bonnie, found no prima facie determination on petitions against the Electoral Commissioner Jean Mensa, her deputies, and the Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng.

A statement issued by the Presidency on Wednesday, February 18, 2026, read, “Following the receipt of seven (7) petitions from various individuals and groups for the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission and her Deputies, and three (3) petitions for the removal of the Special Prosecutor, President John Dramani Mahama, in accordance with Article 146 of the 1992 Constitution and Section 15 of the Office of the Special Prosecutor Act, 2017 (Act 959), referred same to His Lordship, Justice Paul Baffoe-Bonnie, Chief Justice, on 25 November 2025, to determine whether the petitions disclosed a prima facie case.

By a letter dated 26 January 2026, the Chief Justice informed His Excellency the President that no prima facie case had been established by the petitions to warrant any further investigations for the removal of the Chairperson of the Electoral Commission, Deputy Commissioners and the Special Prosecutor.”This determination means no committee will be formed, and no further proceedings for removal will take place based on those petitions”.

It will be recalled that Martin Kpebu has echoed his resolve to petition President John Dramani Mahama for the removal of Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng from Office.

Martin Kpebu revealed he has fifteen allegations against Special Prosecutor Kissi Agyebeng.

 Speaking to TV3 shortly after his release, Lawyer Kpebu stated, “I know I have not done anything wrong, so I knew I would be released”.

He revealed that his arrest stemmed from a verbal confrontation with a military officer stationed at the OSP.

Mr Kpebu recounted, “Then the next thing, the soldier said I am stupid, so I also turned and said he is also stupid, and so we exchanged words”.

“I know I have not done anything wrong, so I knew I would be released,” he stated.

“Then a colleague of his, another soldier, shouted that next time I do that, I will see. In Ghanaian English, ‘you will see’ means he will cause me some harm, or there will be consequences, even if not physical.

So I turned and gave the same answer; he had no right. I’m not a suspect, and even if I was, could he do that? So I said he had no right”.

“Then the next thing I knew, he said I’m stupid. That’s what the soldier said. So I turned back and told him he is also stupid. We exchanged a few words, and then one of my lawyers pulled me so we could go in,” he added, stating he would never attack any officer who had done nothing to him.

He added that his arrest confirms that Kissi Agyebeng is incompetent.

“I will petition for his removal. I have 15 allegations against him,” he once again revealed.

See the post below: